The Granite City Stone & Barbell Club is an organized group that will have assigned homework when not in our regular CrossFit classes. This is not for an “Open Gym” access to CrossFit on your own. In our private Facebook page you will find all your assignments, support and event information and more. The club will also get together weekly to discuss our movements, receive additional coaching as well as reinforcing our team atmosphere.
STONE: More info about our Strongman programming coming soon.
WE ARE BETA-TESTING PROGRAMMING NOW, CONTACT US TO COME PLAY!
BARBELL: We will focus on various lifts that involve the barbell. This includes but is not limited to…
- Clean and Jerk
- Overhead Work
These complex movement require sufficiency in the the following;
- Able to perform a proper Air Squat
- Able to perform an Overhead Squat at full depth with an empty bar.
- Able to perform a Front Squat with a proper front rack position
Just a couple rules to follow..
· Don't walk or stand in front of someone starting or mid-lift. Don’t walk behind someone on the lifting platforms.
· Staring is natural, but don't overstay your welcome. Appreciate the lift, then move on.
· Keep the platform and equipment clean after you finish the session, and don't leave your stuff lying around.
· Don't slam the bar.
· Don't step over, on, or kick the bar.
· Don't step on the plates.
· Pair plate brands to ensure even wear.
· Encourage someone attempting a PR.
· Don't have a tantrum / practice self-control.
· Communicate with the person you're sharing a platform with.
· Don't Lebron the chalk.