We will SOON announce our updated programming for our Competition Club. Rules and expectations will be posted here and in our Competition Facebook Group Page. You must be an active member to participate in out Competition Programming. A small monthly dues fee is required.
Note: You do not have to be a Comp Team member to compete at any time.
The following are some tips we have gathered to help you prepare for "game day"
- Olympic Lifting Shoes
- CrossFit Shoes- Nanos, Metcons, NoBull (whatever you normally workout it)
- Running Shoes
- Jump rope (and spare cable)
- Knee Sleeves/other compression gear
- Wrist Wraps
- Gymnastics grips- check them to make sure they are in good shape and won’t break on you
- Weight belt
- Shorts (2-3 pair)
- Shirts and/or tank tops (2-3)
- Socks and undies (2-3 pair) Don't forget Long Sock for Rope Climbs and Deadlifts!
- Athletic Tape/Thumb Tape (1-2 rolls)
- Pre-Workout mix (3-5 servings)
- Extra protein powder and whatever else you usually take post workout. Utilize protein powder and light carbs, like protein bars or rice cakes between workouts. Though your body may not utilize the protein until later in the day when you go into recovery mode.
- Shaker bottles (1-2)
- Advil or Ibuprofen
- Towels (1-2 small sweat towels and/or 1-2 large towels for swimming or showering)
- Swimsuit (if needed. Play it safe a pick a competition style suit)
- Goggles & Swim Cap (pick googles without a nose plug)
- Portable phone charger
- Lip balm
- Baby/hygiene wipes
- Small scissors to cut off dead skin from your hands if (and when) you rip!
- Hair ties and/or headbands
NON-ESSENTIAL PACKING LIST
- KT Tape
- Lacrosse Ball, Foam Roller, Vodoo floss
- Callous file & Vitamin E oil
- Neosporin- to help heal rips on your hands and keep them moist
- Extra contact lenses and solution
TEAM PACKING LIST
- Roller- one per 2-3 people as this doesn’t fit well in suitcases so you don’t need 1 per person.
- Bands- 2 Reds, 2 purples should suffice for a team- just pass it around in the warm up area.
- DSLR Camera for quality photos- probably only if you have someone coming to be a spectator and they know how and are willing to use it.
FOOD PACKING LIST
You want foods that are portable, do not need to be reheated, require little to no prep, and that will not be too heavy on the gut while you are participating in the events.
- Protein Bars - usually can have more carbs than usual because you will be using them
- Hard boiled eggs
- Fresh fruit
- Raw veggies
- Nuts, almond butter or peanut butter
- Coconut water or PediaLyte- something with extra electrolytes but not too much sugar (Gatorade - watered down)
- Water (tons of it!)
MISCELLANEOUS TRIP ESSENTIALS
- Government issued or national ID cards
- Hotel Reservation
- Competition Confirmation and Schedule
- Airline or other travel tickets
- Car rental or shuttle information
- Credit Cards
- Cash- in local currency if possible